Summer Ukrainian borscht with boiled egg
An unusual recipe of Ukrainian borscht with the addition of pork, mashed potatoes, greens and boiled eggs.
- pork – 400 g
- cabbage – 1/2 head
- potatoes – 4 pc
- carrots – 2 pcs
- tomatoes – 4 pcs
- boiled eggs – 2-3 pcs
- bay leaves – 2 pcs
- small bunch of herbs
- salt, ground pepper
- vegetable oil
1. Wash and chop the meat, clean one carrot. Add to the pot, pour 3 liters of cold water and add bay leaf. Cook on medium heat until the meat is cooked, removing the foam. In broth boil 2 peeled potatoes, then remove and mash into a puree. Boiled carrot and bay leaf discard.
2. The remaining carrot peel and grate. Fry in vegetable oil, add the peeled and diced tomatoes. Simmer until the liquid evaporation.
3. Potatoes clean, cut into small cubes and add to broth. Cook for 10 minutes, then add shredded cabbage, fried vegetables, mashed potatoes and sliced boiled eggs. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
4. At the end add the chopped herbs, salt and pepper, warm up.
5. Serve the borscht with sour cream, if desired garnish with halves of boiled eggs.
More from my site