Portuguese Kale Soup
Portuguese Kale Soup is a spicy kale soup with garlic, onions, tomatoes, chorizo and chickpeas.
- fresh chorizo – 8 ounces, removed from casing
- onion – 1 large , diced
- garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- chicken broth – 1 cup
- crushed tomatoes with basil – 1 can (28 ounces)
- water – 1 can
- potatoes – 2 medium , peeled and cut into medium dice
- chickpeas – 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) , drained
- kale – 1 pound, washed, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
Remove the chorizo from the casing. Cut up into pieces. Dice the onions, mince the garlic. Add all to your soup pot. Saute about 10 minutes, until the onion start to become transparent, .
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth and water. Simmer over medium heat for about 25 – 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and chickpeas, cook another 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped kale. Cook another 5 – 10 minutes. Season with pepper and salt . Serve.
More from my site