Mom’s Chili is easy and delicious, the longer it cooks the better it gets. Freezes well too!
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1½ cups chopped sweet peppers
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 28 oz. can crushed or petite tomatoes
- 3 – 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. cans water
- 1 large can chili beans
- 2 ears of corn – optional
- 3 – 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until it starts to sweat.
Add the celery, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. Cook for one hour. Add the beans and cook for another 30 minutes. Add the corn and cook another 10 minutes.
More from my site