Homemade belyashi with meat and greens
These bashkir meat pies from unleavened or leavened dough gradually gained popularity in many countries of the former Soviet Union. Belyashi is difficult to call a dietary dish because they are fried in plenty of oil. However, sometimes you can pamper yourself such a delicious treat.
- 700 g minced meat
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500 g flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- khmeli-suneli to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- 0.5 liters of water
1. Dissolve in warm water, the yeast, salt and sugar, add a little sifted flour, stir, cover the dough with a towel and let stand for half an hour.
2. When the spongedough has risen, add to it 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and, gradually, the sifted flour, stirring constantly. Knead soft elastic dough, so it is not stick to hands. Put it in a greased bowl and put in a warm place for about 1 hour to it has risen.
3. In minced meat add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, greens and spices, salt, pepper. For juiciness add a little water. Thoroughly knead the filling and let stand.
4. The ready dough roll out into a thin layer and form squeeze the circles for pies. In the center of each circles put the filling and lightly press down so that it is well fried in the cooking process, and pinch edge.
5. In a high frying pan heat up a large amount of vegetable oil to belyashi immersed half. Fry belyashi in boiling oil over medium heat on both sides until golden brown about 10 minutes.
More from my site