Grilled mackerel: recipe with vegetables and herbs
If you are going on a picnic, write down the recipe of delicious fish on the grill.
- 2 mackerel
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g olives
- herbs (thyme, rosemary)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
1. Choosing mackerel for the grill, take the frozen fish without damage, elastic and dense. Unfreeze the fish, cut it up and remove the head and entrails. Thoroughly rinse in running water.
2. Season mackerel inside and outside with salt, pour with juice of half lemon and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. While fish marinates, prepare vegetables. To fill the mackerel, some vegetables cut into small cubes and the rest into large. Garlic cut into 2-4 pieces. Lemon cut into thin slices.
4. Mix chopped vegetables, olives, herbs and spices, salt, pepper and put this mix inside the mackerel. Tie the fish with thread and put on the grill.
5. Put remaining vegetables around the fish . Bake the fish on coals, turning occasionally 2-3 times.
6. Depending on temperature of coals and size of the mackerel it will be ready in about 20-30 minutes. To check the readiness of the fish, pierce it at the thickest point: if juice is transparent – the dish is ready.
Serve the mackerel with vegetables and herbs.
More from my site