Eggplant roulades with risotto
- large eggplant
- olive oil
Sauce marinara for risotto:
- garlic – 1 clove
- tomato paste – 1 tbs
- rice – 1 cup (Arborio or any other rice for risotto)
- beef or vegetable broth – 4 cups
- grated Parmesan cheese – 1/3 cup
1. In a frying pan with olive oil fry the chopped garlic for 1 minute, then add tomato paste.
2. After 1 minute add rice and start to gradually add the warm broth, stirring constantly. Once the liquid absorb, pour 1-2 ladles more. Cook stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the heat and put the cheese.
3. Replace into a bowl and let it cool before using.
4. Cut the eggplant into thin strips, sprinkle with salt and leave in a colander, lowered into water for about 1 hour.
5. Drain eggplant strips and dry with paper towels.
6. Drizzle eggplant strips with olive oil and fry on the grill.
7. To the bottom of the baking dish add a little marinara sauce. Twist rolls, filling them with rice and place into the dish then add more sauce on top.
8. Bake at 175 ° C for about 20 minutes under the lid. Remove the lid and hold for another 10 minutes in the oven.
9. Serve with grated cheese.
More from my site