Easy Basic Pancakes
The basic recipe of American pancakes. They are usually served with a slice of butter, honey or maple syrup.
- milk – 1.5 cups
- egg – 1 pc
- plain flour – 2 cups
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- sugar – 1/3 cup
- salt – ½ tsp
- butter, melted – 2 tbsp
- butter – for frying
1. Lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then stir in 2 tbsp melted butter.
Sift the flour, baking powder and soda in a separate bowl, add sugar, salt. Make a well in centre. Add the milk mixture and well stir, using a fork.
2. Preheat large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a knob of butter.
3. Pouring 1/4 cup of the mixture for each pancake. Cook the pancakes 3-4 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface.
4. Flip over to other side and cook for another 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and freely cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter. You should get 12 pancakes. Serve the pancakes together with butter and honey.
More from my site